DIY Christmas Candle

Hi Sweet Friends,
I'm so glad to be showing this easy candle DIY. 


I saw something similar on Pinterest with a larger glass cylinder an taller candle.


I found the glass cylinder, under $3 , and twine, under $2 at Walmart.



The candle came predecorated with snow. I found it at Dollar Tree for $1.

I had the red satin ribbon on hand from another DIY project.

 I wanted the candle shorter than the glass vase,to keep it from heating the glass and final decorations.

The candle I chose is unscented to keep the same smells in the house and not compete or overwhelm the smell of the Christmas season.

To attach the twine/just to the vase, pull out the desired length; I used the dimension of the vase, at the middle, and multiplied by 10 to get my length and added 4 inches to add for the tying up the knot.

Laying down the vase makes it easier to get a hold of the twine just where it needs to be. 

Lay the twine under the vase, doubled, an thread the cut ends thru the loop middle as shown.

Pull the ends taught.

  Start wrapping the twine, when the twine is at the end with the 2" remaining, tie into a knot.


Trim excess ends.

To make the single loop bow on the front of the vase, take a piece of ribbon, double the length with the loop at the top of the bow, as shown.


  Tie a knot in the middle, and  snip the ends even.
Fold the ends in half as shown above
Snip ends at an angle.
This finishes off the ribbon in a nice inverted "V".


Your bow should look like this when finished.
I added a fresh sprig of greenery under the trim.
Take the ribbon and measure an inch or so longer than the width of the vase, over the twine. Cut end.
Glue ends over the twine knot to cover it.


Glue the other end overlapping the ends.
Let dry about 30mins before attaching the single loop bow. The bow may pull on the ribbon if it is not dry.
Put glue on the flat side of the knot. Look at the photo above. The flat part is towards my thumb. This will look nicer on the vase.
Put a good amount of glue to hold the bow. Let dry about 30 mins to an hour.
I kept the vase on it's side to dry the bow in place.
My finished Christmas Candle Vase!
 Now to pop the candle back inside.

Enjoy!

Merry Christmas!
CJD.Sign

Comments

Popular Posts