Healing Calendula Infused Coconut Oil ~ Beauty

 Hi Sweet Friends!
Today, we are making a healing oil from Calendula Petals and Coconut Oil. Since I grow my own Calendula, I am using my petals, but The Coconut Mama has a link to buy some if you don't.

I used the slow heat method and it gave me a golden colored oil that I use on sore garden hands, wind chapped lips and as a soothing healing slave on many body areas. The dog even had some on his chapped nose! It works wonderfully and is totally 100% Organic and 100% Natural.

Here is the info to make the slow heat method: 
"Option 2: This method will take 6-8 hours. You’ll need a double boiler and a thermometer. Pour the dried calendula flowers into double boiler. Cover the flowers with coconut oil. Keep the oil at 115-120 degrees for 6-8 hours. The coconut oil will turn a beautiful bright yellow color. This method is quicker, but the heat may damage some of the healing properties of the coconut oil and calendula."

I have a warmer burner on my stove and this heat source, on low, worked perfectly. The color was golden yellow and I tried it instantly on my hands with great success. It not only soothed my red sore cracked hands, but after a week, they look almost normal.

With adding bees wax pellets, it will give you a salve that works great too and stays on your skin a bit longer. The directions are HERE Healing Coconut & Calendula Salve
The extra added bonus is that my hands are softer and have the look of younger hands (I added 20 drops of Almond instead of Lavender, due to an allergy).

*NOTE: If you have an allergy to Calendula flowers, or Coconut, then I advise you not use this oil or salve.
http://thecoconutmama.com/calendula-infused-coconut-oil/

Our Sponsor
Custom Gem Cutter Matt A. Dunkle

Comments

Popular Posts