Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
|This chili can also be made in large batches for freezing and reheating.|
Hi Sweet Friends!
Today on Friday Foods we found a delicious Chili recipe that we love. Having an issue with fats, this is a low fat and high protein chili that is filling and nutritious!
- 1.3 pounds 99% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower or Olive Oil
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, minced
- 1 medium red Bell Pepper, diced fine
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh frozen Corn kernels
- 10 oz can Mild Diced Tomatoes/no salt
- 8 oz small can plain Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cans Red Kidney Beans
- 1 can Pinto Beans
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher Salt if desired
- Diced Avocado
- 2% Greek Yogurt
- Shredded Cheese
- Baked Tortilla Chips
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the turkey, season with salt and cook, breaking up with a spoon until turkey browns and is no longer pink; place into the slow cooker.
Add the oil to the skillet and sauté the onion, garlic, beans and bell pepper over medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes. Spoon over turkey into the slow cooker and stir in corn and tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, paprika and salt, mix until well blended. Pour chicken broth into the crock pot and add the bay leaf.
Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 6 hours. Serve with desired toppings.
Serves: 5 | Serving Size: 1 cup
This recipe has been adapted from a recipe I found online at My Fitness Pal. We added the Shredded Cheese to the top.