Stone Grinding Bowl - Foodie

Hi Friends!

 I just received a terrific gift from my son and wanted to share it with you all on here! It's a  Rock Mortar and Pestle Grinding Bowl.   This 3 footed, basalt stone, pestle and grinding bowl called a

Molcajete -
"A molcajete (mo̞lkaˈxe̞te̞ or mol-cah-hay’-tay; Mexican Spanish, from Nahuatl mulcazitl)[needs IPA] is a stone tool, the traditional Mexican version of the mortar and pestle,[1] similar to the South American batan, used for grinding various food product."Wikipedia

This link above has some useful information on using and cleaning these types of bowls. It also says that it is used for guacamole and other recipes that are served in these bowls.

This particular bowl is not as deep as the traditional grinding bowl or molcajete photoed in Wikipedia.


I have already been grinding my flax seed and herbs with my new "old" gift!
Thank you to my dear sweet son!
Hope you enjoyed seeing this!

Comments

Popular Posts