Skip to main content

Repairing an Elemental Collage

Hi Friends!

Today we are DIYing a quick fix. I have a neat old wooden collage that had one of the elements break off and I lost that element.

Materials I used:
Stays On* Liquid Refill in Dark Brown
Elmer's* Glue
Old milk cap with applicator (I use a sock hanger from new socks)
Old wooden spool

Here is the Elemental Collage. And that exposed wood looks rather out of place. So here is what I did to correct it.

Using the Stays-on ink, I applied the ink directly to the wood. I went in the direction of the wood grain.
Letting the ink dry and testing the spot for good coverage, I glued on the new spool element. This was a spool from my Grandmother's sewing "Stash" and that makes this extra special for me!
I re-glued the label down to the spool as it was lifting due to age. I then applied glue to the bottom of the spool. I used a bit more than I wanted, but the glue dries clear. I left it sit overnight to ensure a good adherence.

I wanted to make it look as close to the original as I could and here are the results.
I think it looks great!

I enjoyed this quick fix and I hope you see how easy you can fix and reuse your treasured keepsakes!

Our Sponsor:  YemmyMade Accessories


Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Minion Style!

A Happy Birthday Matt!!Some of your friends dropped by to Celebrate with you!

 I know these little Minion guys are so popular, but they took the time out of their busy and crazy day to wish you a
"Happy Birthday"!

Happy Birthday to you,  Happy Birthday to you,  Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Matt. Happy Birthday to you!!!  And Minion More!!

2nd Minion Happy Birthday Hubby

 Happy Birthday to YOU my Hubby! As I told you last year on your Birthday, I wished you a Minion More!

And here they all are Wishing YOU A Very Happy Birthday Today!

They sing and dance for you today on your special day!

They Wish YOU the Best Birthday EVER!!!

Hi There Hubby!

Minion Halloween Ideas - Creative Day Thursdays

OH how I love those Minions!
Hi Everyone!
I hope you are enjoying this wonderful Fall weather! We sure are here on the farm! I wanted to do something fun for the Minions Halloween Theme and found these cute painted Minions on Tumbler. Link above.

And this adorable hoodie at