Homemade Mod Podge

Hi Friends,

Today we are up-cycling shoe & pattern boxes with a 

Homemade Mod Podge that is so easy and very affordable!

I reused my empty & old boxes for this project

In my NEW Creative Space, I have a lot of boxes that just don't match and are somewhat of an eye sore. My solution is to Mod Podge them all! However, the cost of the original stuff is a bit pricey for such a large project, so I did the next best thing. I made it myself.

I attached labels and used coordinating papers for a nice shabby chic touch.
I used a Gold Pain Pen(125 S Gold) from DecoColor to trace around the label.
For the Bridal Patterns, I used a lace patterned paper. For the Supplies, I used a printed tape measure paper. (oops! forgot to erase the first word on the Cording label~).
Here are the directions for the mixture I made and I reused my old "Mod Podge" container. (relabled  for my own identifications)

This is a bit thinner than the original, but I like the fast drying of this homemade version.

 

Directions:  

Mod Podge in a Container (matte finish) reused old container.


Fill the container half way up with white glue (Elmer's or Tacky)

 

Then fill container up to the top with water leaving about 1inch.
Shake Well.

This is a 50-50 mixture glue/water.

It will have a Matte finish and be thinner than the original recipe.

This is a fun way to reuse/recycle old boxes!

Enjoy!

CJD.Sign

Comments

Popular Posts