DIY Cute Valentine Cards ~ Creative Day Thursday!

Hi Everyone!

Today we are creating some cute Valentine's Cards.
These cards are very simple and use just a few elements to create a cute one of a kind card.
First, 
decided what materials you are going to use, like, card stock, stickers, prints, embellishments, ribbon, elastic, flowers, embossed items, and what color palate you are going to use.

Today, for these Valentine's Cards, I am using Reds, White & Pinks.
I have my white card base already precut & folded and my clear envelopes ready for this project. 
Card #1
The first card is more for an adult:

Choose the pieces that you will be adding to the card.

 Arrange the card the way that it looks pleasing to your eye. Because someone else sees things differently, you may like my card below, but you may like the way the heart looks on the right side and not the left side.
I use double stick tape to adhere my pieces to the card.
I also like ribbon or even today, a crocheted length of slip stitches 80 with tails left on both ends.
I have used a #5/1.90mm Crochet Hook &
Extra Fine Ecru Cotton thread from Aunt Lydia's at Walmart, Amazon.com, or your local craft store.

Slip Stitch a piece 80 Stitches & tied off with two tails.
Keep stitches small & uniform.

Measure your card to make sure it will go around the fold and then into a bow or knot.

Such a nice addition!
When the braid or ribbon is tied your done with the outside and ready to write something nice on the inside.

Card #2

 This second card is a child or youth's style card. Something with a bit of whimsy.
 Choose the pieces that you will be adding to the card.
 I also like ribbon or even today, a crocheted length of slip stitches 80 with tails left on both ends.
  Arrange the card the way that it looks pleasing to your eye.
 The organizer box below my card has many small compartments for tiny things. This one I use for my card making. I place small items, embellishments, bows, stamped pieces, sayings & odds & ends that I want to use on cards. It keeps them neat and tidy in one place.And it makes a nice handy work surface.
I hope you enjoyed these two Valentine's Cards!
Make something new today!
Enjoy!
CJD.Sign

Comments

Popular Posts