Skip to main content

Mint Honey Tea - Saturday

Vintage White Roses & Red Glaze Trio's - Imperial Fine Bone China England - Very Rare - Footed Teacup's From Wickstead's

I love Tea!
 And anyone who knows me well, knows I love tea.
Herbal teas are my favorite type,
 but usually I start with green tea. And if I am just wanting a stress relieving cup, I add mint to it.
Chocolate Mint for Tea or Cooking. Photo by CJD.Sign
I grow my own organic herbs and mints that flavor my teas.
Here is my latest crop of Chocolate Mint, dried and ready to add to a lovely cup of tea.
Fresh Chocolate Mint by CJD.Sign

 I harvested this mint back in Late May. I dried it in bundles tied with rubber bands and tied with red ribbons for easier hanging.
Here is a quick tutorial on how to harvest, dry, and process your own mint.

  I harvest early in the morning  just after the morning dew has dried.






Hang in Cool/Dry spot. Photo by CJD.Sign


 I then dry it for a month, hanging upside down in my kitchen, away from drafts.
 




Stems for a quick tea cup. I bring these to boil and strain into a tea cup.
Make sure you date & label your Chocolate Mint; I did after this photo. Photo by CJD.Sign

After a month or 6 weeks, I process the dried herbs and bag them up. I date and label the bags and store the in a dark closet. The small reusable containers are cleaned and used to store small amounts of herbs for cooking and teas. I refill them from the large gallon size bags.
 
"Everything for The Quintessential Afternoon Tea" LINK

is a very good and informative read. Check it out in the link above.


For a Pot of Tea:

   from Wiki

I found this to be the best informative directions to make herbal tea. There are many on the web. I like the visuals on this one above.

Tea Cup Trio available through Wickstead's

My general rule of thumb for a Cup Of Tea:
1 cup hot water
1 teaspoon herbs (more or less depending on the strength of the herb I am adding)
Place in tea ball and steep for five to ten minutes. I add honey or drink plain, depending on the tea flavor.

I hope you found this article enticing and helpful.
 Happy tea drinking!
 Enjoy,

CJD.Sign

Sponsored by Matt A Dunkle of Custom Gem Cutter

http://customgemcutter.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Minion Style!

A Happy Birthday Matt!!Some of your friends dropped by to Celebrate with you!







 I know these little Minion guys are so popular, but they took the time out of their busy and crazy day to wish you a
"Happy Birthday"!






Happy Birthday to you,  Happy Birthday to you,  Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Matt. Happy Birthday to you!!!  And Minion More!!

2nd Minion Happy Birthday Hubby

 Happy Birthday to YOU my Hubby! As I told you last year on your Birthday, I wished you a Minion More!




And here they all are Wishing YOU A Very Happy Birthday Today!

They sing and dance for you today on your special day!

They Wish YOU the Best Birthday EVER!!!


Hi There Hubby!
















Minion Halloween Ideas - Creative Day Thursdays

OH how I love those Minions!
Hi Everyone!
I hope you are enjoying this wonderful Fall weather! We sure are here on the farm! I wanted to do something fun for the Minions Halloween Theme and found these cute painted Minions on Tumbler. Link above.






And this adorable hoodie at Target.com