21 Lipstick Hacks Every Woman Needs to Know

CJD.Sign wearing YM Accessories, ELF Cosmetics 
& Garnier Nutrisse

This is a review of the "21 Lipstick Hacks Every Woman Needs to Know" from Harper's Bazaar online  hacks. (Jan. 2015)

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/makeup/a10054/lipstick-hacks/?src=spr_TWITTER&spr_id=1447_158562230  

After reading this article, I realized there is more to lipstick than just slapping it on and running out the door. Many of us do that, Right? Hum...
e.l.f. lipstick

So the article shows us some lipstick hacks. I am going to talk about the ones I liked and leave the others for your further reading. LINK
e.l.f. Concealer

Right now, I am using and LOVING e.l.f. Cosmetics. I have purchased mine from Target and from the online website http://www.eyeslipsface.com/  

e.l.f. lipsticks

 

 

I love the versatility of e.l.f. makeup and have commented on reviews before, but today I am talking "Lipstick". Who doesn't love lipstick. It feels nice, looks good and comes in wonderful color shades! 
LIPSTICK!

 SUPER DEAL

And I just had to share this DEAL!!

Get beachy this weekend! Grab the 5-piece Beach Day Kit for just $3!

The article in review, "21 Lipstick Hacks Every Woman Needs to Know", has some awesome hacks. Here are some of my Favs!

 1) "Exfoliate dry lips for a smoother lipstick application with a clean, disposable mascara wand. "  

Great idea! And a lot cheaper then lip exfoliator for sale.  So, where can I find disposable mascara wands? 

Sally's Beauty Supply has them online for $3.59 for a pk of 12 wands. http://www.sallybeauty.com/Disposable-Mascara-Wands/SBS-168970,default,pd.html

And here is a simple tip from http://www.makeupnotebook.com/exfoliatinglips.html :

Simple Tip
If you are trying one of the nude lip looks then it’s essential that you exfoliate your lips beforehand. Just take a little dab of white sugar on your wet fingertip and lightly smooth your lips with it. Then rinse.

  2) Keep lipstick off your teeth by sticking your clean pointer finger in your mouth, wrapping your lips around it, and pulling it out. 

Ok, this is a no brainer, but why did I never hear of it. Could have saved me many embarrassing moments!


  3) Use your favorite pink lipstick of choice as a cheek color.

I've been doing this one since my teen modeling days. It is great for that creamy cheek look and a great "Perfect Match" to your lipstick :) , But you can brush over it with translucent powder if you want the softer powder look.

 

 5) Use a concealer brush to achieve an opaque, precise application.

I have been using a q-tip for this, but the concealer brush is a less costly tip!

7) Turn any lipstick into a long-wearing version with translucent powder.

 I've been doing this one since my teen modeling days. too. It is a great way to extend the wear time of your favorite lipsticks and your man does not end up with it on his lips after a kiss!

 

8) If your lips have a lot of pink or red tones in them, pat concealer over them before you apply any lipstick to nude them out. 

A great idea! And good for doing after you have been wearing red lipstick and it has stained your lips. The concealer will help tone down your lips for a more accurate lipstick color.

 

 10) Blot the right way: between applications to make your lip color last longer. 

I think this is a great idea too. I usually just put on the first coat, then blot and go. When I arrive at my destination, I put on the second lipstick coat. In the 1970's my mother modeled for GAP. I would watch her put on her lipstick and blot it like this.  When I was dating, I would save the paper I'd used to blot and write a love note in it.   ;)

 

 11) Nail your nude shade every time

and  

12) Find the best red for your skin type
are both great visual tips. See them here

  13) Perfect your Cupid's bow by drawing an "X"  on the center of your upper lip.

 I've been doing this one since my first job in  the beauty industry. It is great for the perfect Cupid's Bow and a boost for someone with a small upper lip to make the bow pronounced.

 

14) Make your lipstick pop by lining the outside of your lips with cover-up and a concealer brush

This truly helps keep lipstick from bleeding onto your skin. And a crisp clean line is so pretty! 

 
17) Store your lipstick in the fridge when it's warm out to keep it from melting.

This is a great tip as it not only keeps it from melting, but gives your lips a cool feeling on hot days. Oh and if you forget your fav tube in the car, pop it in the fridge for an hour and it will be ready to wear (though a bit lopsided).  :)
 
Suave Hair Spray
19) Use hairspray to remove a lipstick stain.
True, true, true. Can't miss this tip!


YM Accessories
So I hope you enjoyed my review and face photo are from CJD.Sign.
Enjoy Your Beauty Tuesday!
CJD.Sign :) 
Brought to you by Yemmy Made Accessories!

Comments

Popular Posts