Creative Day ~ Dragonfly in Copper!

You know, if you have been following me for a while, that I love working in Copper! It is so flexible and forgiving. It can be shaped, cut, melted, formed into almost anything. I just love it!
Copper wire coils

Copper wire spool

  "Pure copper is soft and malleable; a freshly exposed surface has a reddish-orange color."
And "In volume, copper is the third most recycled metal after iron and aluminum." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper)



This project is an extension of the dragonfly in copper as I have given it color with tiny Delica seed beads and larger beads
Fire Mountain Gems
Fire Mountain Gems
It was a fun experiment in color and I think it came out rather well.
I did use 20g and 28g wrapping  copper wire in this little guy. I also used a baroque peacock fresh water pearl and a hematite bead for the body.

Here is the final piece. I know there will be more friends of like him made. Look on the site for the ones we will have up for sale!
Blue Green & purple pink Delica beads.

wish this was clearer, but I can see the pops of color still!








This was a fast hour project that I know I will do again and again! I will credit the copper designer when I find the photos again.

Enjoy your week!  SOLD!
May God's Blessings be upon you!

ck out CustomGemCutter.com for this and more cute designs!

Comments

Popular Posts