Christmas Placemats ~ 11 Creative Day Thursdays Before Christmas



Hi, Sweet Friends,


It is October 10th and 11 Weeks Before Christmas!!
This year, I'll be doing a different project each week.
Last year, on Creative Day Thursdays Until Christmas, I did mostly Christmas Ornaments and Decor. LINK

This placemat is a preprinted "cut out" placemat, however, I am using the shape as a pattern for all the placemats I am making.
 This is the 11th week of the 16 weeks before Christmas and we will be making Easy Christmas Placemats. I will be showing photos of how I have made mine!🥰 💘Done! 
These are double-sided and ready to be wrapped up and shipped off the first week of December!

I just wanted to say that this year I am making the 16 Creative Day Projects right along with you. The day I introduce the blog is the day I start and finish before the next Wednesday. The photos are taken while I am working and when I am finished. They don't always get posted right away, so I thank you in advance!
Before adding the trim.

Finished Napkins










 



















Supplies Needed:
  •  Placemat cut-out or Pattern (Easy Breezy Placemats)
  • 2 1/2 yds of Printed Fabric (front)
  • 2 1/2 yds of Cotton Fabric (back) I used specialty fabrics.
  • matching thread
  • scissors
  • Iron
  • Sewing machine
Directions: 
Follow the directions for the placemats from Jen @ My Own Road


These are the "Cut-Out" pattern placemats I used. I got the materials I used back 20 years or so ago. Yes, I love the fabric!! I used this pattern for all the placemats I made.
For a set of 4, I backed the Cut-out placemats with this check specialty fabric. Look at how the color shifts from the black stripe dominant, here.
To the white dominant stripes, here.


I had made my daughter a Christmas Dress using this material and had leftover that is perfect for this project. (She was 10 then and just turned 30!!)


Cut out all the patterned placemats.


I also used this red/black plaid. I love this pattern! I made a set of 4.
 Press the cut placemats on the wrong side. Use the setting on the iron for the fabric pressing.
Ironing the back of the printed cotton fabric and the red/black plaid before pinning the back fabric on it.
I used the placemat cut-out as a pattern for all the other placemats and reversible backs.
Line the pattern up on the edge of the stripes for an even striped or checked placemat backing.
Pin the back fabric to the front. I DID NOT IRON this fabric. I waited until it was sewn, turned right side out, and I only ironed the printed or red plaid and NOT this fancy fabric. I did not want it to melt.


Iron this backside of the fabric before you pin it to the bottom fabric piece.


Sew the placemats on the printed and the red/black plaid sides of the placemats.


Pull the pins and do not run over them with the needle. I accidentally did this one above and not only did it bend, but I burred the needle and had to change it. I was not paying attention!
I start at the side and make a whole to flip the placemat by turning the fabric and sewing off the fabric, backing up to secure the stitch.
Pull the threads evenly about 3 inches





and sew in towards the placemats (opposite of what I just did coming off the fabric) and back tack. Turn the fabric placemat and sew along the edge of the sewing foot as shown in the photos.
Trim the corners carefully, so that the corners will be pointed when the placemat is turned right side out.


Turn the placemat right side out through the hole made with the threads in the video tutorial above.
Press again and make crisp edges.
Do not press on this check side so it won't melt.
Stitch with black thread to match the background color.


I will place them in a box and wrap them up for Christmas!
I have a set that I will take a photo of when I decorate for Christmas! It is just the beginning of Fall, so it will be about 2 months before I get decorating! Keep the creative juices flowing!!


This is the list of the 16 Creative Day Thursdays Before Christmas💘 16. Christmas Chocolate Covered Cherries
15. Christmas Lavender Bath Bombs
14. Christmas Stockings
13. Christmas Aprons
12. Christmas Table Cloth & Napkins
11. Christmas Place-mats
10. Christmas Wreath
9. Christmas Cards
8. Christmas Door Sign
7. Christmas Throw Pillows
6. Christmas Banner
5. Christmas Dog or Cat Vests
4. Christmas Balls For 2019
3. Christmas Centerpieces
2. Christmas Decor & Tree
1. Christmas Present Wrapping

Enjoy!💘 Merry Christmas!💘
Enjoy!
Let’s connect!



Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk

 Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter




https://squareup.com/store/matt-dunkle

Comments

Popular Posts