Apple Chips ~ Friday Foods

Hi, Sweet Friends!

Today, we are going to be dehydrating Apple slices for Apple Chips in the dehydrator.
I love these wonderful bites of apple goodness and so does Rurik!
"Ascorbic Acid Mixtures -Ascorbic acid mixtures are a mixture of ascorbic acid and sugar sold for use on fresh fruits and in canning or freezing. It is more expensive and not as effective as using pure ascorbic acid. Directions for Use -Mix 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of the ascorbic acid mixed with one quart of water. Place the fruit in the mixture and soak 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the fruit well and place on dryer trays. After this solution is used twice, add more ascorbic acid mixture." University of Georgia Cooperative Extension Service
 6 trays of thinly sliced apples They will turn brownish, but they are still very delicious. I didn't want to add anything to these 6 trays as they will be Ruriks Apple Treats for the Fall & Winter.
 Layout the apple slices so that the tray is filled with space around the apples. This helps in the drying time.
 Turn on the Dehydrator and let it do its work! It's really that simple!
Each tray held 1 & 1/2 large apples sliced. There are 6 trays for the Puppy Treats & later I had made 6 more for us. 
What is the difference? 
I left the skins on the apples for the pup and did not add lemon juice or Fruit Fresh to the apples before placing them on the trays as I did with our Apple Treats. 
Chocolate Covered Cherries 😍
Join me in being creative!
Enjoy!
Let’s connect!



Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk

 Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter

https://squareup.com/store/matt-dunkle

Comments

Popular Posts