DIY Journal ~ Part 1 Journal Cover


Hi, Sweet Friends,
I absolutely love to create! The use of mixed media, fabrics, metals, and paper can be combined with endless project possibilities. The internet has many styles of the journal to choose from. The Bullet Journal is popular with those who like to "tic" the boxes. The Life Journal is popular with those who like to write life events. There are even Journals for information, pictures, clippings, drawings, and so much more.
Journaling is something I have done most of my life and I want to pass it down to the Grands.
This year for Birthdays, I have created a Prompt Journal. This type of Journal is popular among those who love creative writing. I have come up with questions, comments, or ideas to ponder and put them as headers on each page of these special journals.
I used this scrap paper for stamping and for cutting the designs above. Then, I used it for this project with the
"Fleur de Lis" stenciled on the cover.

 Here is a handmade book cover for a Personal Journal. You can use these DIY directions for any Journal, Recipe Book, Story Book, or any book you would like to cover.
What you will need:
Scissors (multi-sized)
Card Stock
Patterned Scrap Book Papers
Glue Stick
White (Elmer's type) Glue
Mod Podge
Double Stick Tape
Glue Dots
Mix Media Elements
Ribbons
Stamp Inks
Stamps & Patterned cutouts

This is a recycled wooden cabinet door. I picked this door up for $0.75, as the Recycle Store. I use this as a portable craft area. I can move things off the table, or place the whole craft project on this board and place it up into the shelf unit until can come back to this project. Works Great!
Here is the Cover Pages, finished, of the Grands Journal Cover. Front
This cover front has embellishments, ribbon, ribbon flower, words, metal hearts, a mirrored word, a cutout butterfly,  red-inked heart with a metal coin, a cutout "Fleur de Lis", and finally a mix of scrapbook papers.
This inside flap is the 2nd cover. This one has a pocket and a place for a pen. I used several scrapbook papers for this inside cover. I added a cutout Butterfly to keep the theme going.
Flipping to the back cover, inside.
I used 3 different craft papers, using ribbon to strengthen the back cover and a ribbon for use as a page marker. The pocket is a folded pocket glued onto the back page. I have added a red "An Original" Tag and my name. A flower patch is included on the bottom of the page. I slipped in a partial notepad.
This is the very back cover. It also has a slip-in pocket.
The very back cover is done with two pieces of Scrapbook papers.
 This is how I made the Journal Cover:
1. I used a regular sized Composition Notebook.
I used the lined paper Composition Notebook.
For most of the cover, I chose this "wood-grain" looking paper.
I added a bit of color with this next patterned paper.
With the addition of this final paper with grid-lines and some Parisian print.
I use Highlighters, Markers, a Mechanical Pencil, Ink Pens, and Colored Pencils
Keeping these in a cup works very well and keeps them handy.
That's it for the initial beginning post. Stay tuned...
The second post is coming shortly!
LINK for Part 2 Journal Cover
Enjoy!
https://www.instagram.com/cjd.signsunsetmesa/

God Bless You!   




Our Sponsor
http://customgemcutter.com
http://customgemcutter.weebly.com

Comments

Popular Posts