Valentine's Day Tags ~ Cricut Tutorial

Hi Sweet Friends,

I totally love my Cricut Cutter! And today I'm going to be making  Valentine's Day Tags! These tags will adorn the Grands Valentine's Day Gifts.

The Cricut is set to make hearts with the Accent Essentials.
The hearts are programmed in the Cricut. The screen shows the heart, size, and quantity of the cut.
The hearts are from the Accent Essentials, by Provo Craft
The tags are all from the Plantin School Book (above), and the Letters, too.
Both the White & Pink Card Stock are 12 x 12.
I cut 3 tags in 3 sizes.
For the project I am going to be working on today, I am using the small hearts, the double curly hearts, and the letters for "Happy Valentine's Day". I have cut them out in the above photo. The large pink hearts are for my next project.
These double curly hearts are going to be on the small hearts.
All the letters are cut and removed from the board.
The supplies needed for this project are, a glue stick, scissors, a small awl for picking up the letters and hearts, an ink pad(I used Close to My Heart's Barn Red), and a small & flat make up brush (I used one from Wet n Wild).
I kept the sencil part of the card stock letters for my next project.



I cut 3 lengths of red satin ribbon, one for each tag. 
It's hard to read the spool of satin ribbon, but it is a single sided satin. 
I first positioned the hearts and letters on the tags. 
Then with the glue stick, I glued down the pink card stock pieces.
And glued,
And glued.
I left the tags to dry for a few hours. Since I would be inking the tags, I didn't want anything to move. I started by inking with the brush around the edges of the pink hearts and then on both sides of the thin heart. 💓
I then rubbed the stamp pad of ink in an angular motion around the tag. I then "painted the ink around the edges."
I wanted an antiqued looking tag. This Technic worked wonderfully!
I doubled the ribbon and put it through the hole in the tag.
Doing it in this direction ensures that the ribbon loos the best.
Sliding the ends back thru the loop as shown, and pulling gently taught.
I continued to do the same thing to the other tags.
I did add a bit of finger smudging on the white areas of the tags. Both Hubby and I thought it looked better.
Thanks brush gave good darker coverage, but you can see where finger smudging looks softer.
I added more finger smudging on the hearts tag. 💓
Well we think they look great! 
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
Try something different today! 
Enjoy!

Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram


https://www.customgemcutter.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
https://www.customgemcutter.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Comments

Popular Posts