My Journal Story ~ Monday Mayhem

Scrapbook Papers
 Hi, Sweet Friends,

Journals are a wonderful place to keep tasks organized, stay on task each day, and journals are a great place to keep memories.
Journal Writing
I have kept a Journal since 1975 when I was 11 years old. I have kept a journal for 42 years.
Pink Key Diary
When I first started journaling, I was given a locked book that had the word, "Private" on the cover. I liked this idea that I could lock up my thoughts out of the eyes of others in my family.
Primary Composition Notebook
 As I matured, I started to use a lined notebook for my journals. I kept information, data, phone numbers, school information, grades, and daily activities.


This journal was filled with doodles, quotes, Bible verses, recipes, and notes about boys. 
Day-Timer
When I became a professional, my journal became a purchased "Day-Timer'.  This journal had interchangeable sheets with printed information on them. There were pockets, a ruler, a calculator, and pages galore! My whole life was in that little book.

When I became a Mom, I had gone back to the notebook because the "Day-Timer" was no longer relevant.

Current Baby Calendars

I started logging my first pregnancy on a Journal Calendar that I gave to my Son when he married. This had little squares that baby information and stickers were noted in. 

As my household grew, so did my Journals. By the time my children were in school, they each had a Journal with their own school information, homework, notes, etc. 
When my household grew to 5 children and Home Schooling during the Summers, my Journal became as thick as a Law Book! I had places for everything that was happening with each child, curriculum, grades, activities, sports, birthday parties, play dates, and my address book was filled with their friend's Mother's phone numbers and addresses.
 I was so organized that the days went very smoothly. We all knew what we were doing when and my husband knew where we would be in case I was needed. 



Journal Writing has come full circle for me. I now use 1 Planner and 4 Journal Notebooks. I use a "Bills, Finances, and Household Journal" to keep track of my bills, income and outflow, and home lists. 
 "My Daily Journal" is small enough to keep in my purse and it holds important dates, phone numbers, and a quick way to write down things. I also keep receipts, business cards, appointment cards, and my to-do lists in this journal. This journal comes with a band that goes around the journal to keeps things inside.
My New Daily Journal is a place to keep private notes, encouragement, gratitude, praises, Bible Memory Verses, lists, graphs, charts, doodles, and a bit of fun journaling.
"My Fitness Journal" is a medium journal that helps me to track my food intake, water intake, measurements, weight, and my exercise schedule.

"My Blog Master Planner" is my biggest journal. This journal keeps my blog lists, calendars, business partners information, tracking information, finances, blog ideas, contact information, websites, blog followers, and "To-Do" lists.

There are so many journals out now that you can add anything you want to your "Journals".

A few of my go-to Journals for 2018 have been:
BoHo Berry  http://bohoberry.com
handwritten journal pages & tutorials.


Bliss Hub  http://blissedhub.com/bullet-journalling-for-complete-beginners/   minimal journals & info tutorials.

KELETTERS   https://www.instagram.com/bujocollections/  great photos of journal ideas, writing implements, and study inspirations.

Printable Planners  https://www.printableplanners.net/category/journal   great printable pages & plans. Purchable pages too.

My Instagram Favorite Journal Tags/Posts:

#journaling

#bulletjournal


#planner

 #bohoberry

#cjdsign

#cjdsignblog

#stylingwithcjdsign


The very basics of getting started check out Bullet Journalling 101 by bliss hub

I'll be posting more as I go through the year. I'm even looking for some of my old journals to share with you.  Comparing how far I have come is a fun process!

CJD.Sign Journal 2018, February

Start a journal for yourself today! It keeps things in order, keeps you on time, and helps you enjoy more in each day!

Enjoy!






Comments

Popular Posts