Wheat vs Oatmeal ~ Friday Foods



Hi friends,
 Today, I'm looking at the difference that food increases the sugars in our bodies. I always thought that eating a couple slices of wheat bread would be good for me and why not add a dab of homemade jam on it, right? Well, there is more to be said than that, and it isn't good for you,. But here is what I found out in a study I was reviewing. (AND they did not have that yummy jam on it!) It must be time to do a change in my thinking to resolve my sugar craving! How about you? 

Here is what I found out:

The blood sugar test results of wheat vs oatmeal:
2 slices of whole wheat toast:
45 minutes after consumption: Blood sugar spiked from 86 fasting level to 155
1 Bowl of Oatmeal (equivalent grams of carbs to 2 slices wheat toast) 45 minutes after consumption: Blood sugar increased from 86 fasting level to 112 

Yea, sure will make me think twice now!
Have a great weekend!
Enjoy, 


http://yemmymade.com          http://customgemcutter.com           

Comments

Popular Posts